Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Curriculum Vitae - detailed

I was born in Gyula, Hungary, on October 26th, 1978.
Education:
After my high-school graduation from Istvan Tomorkeny High School of Art in Szeged in 1996 I was admitted to Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design to learn animation at the Department of Visual Design.

Professional Experience:
Animation:
As a junior animator I learned from Bela Ternovszky in Studio Exist and was working among others in the series of The Little Polar Bear and Mainzelmännchen.

Visual development:
From 2002 to 2004 I was working as a graphic designer in Studio Varga – I made artworks and background design for the TV-series Popstars – Band on the Run and Man&Puppet.

I created the artwork for many TV-shows, like Tamas Frei's Eight Days Around the World in 2003, the award winning Balazs Levai's Bestseller in 2003, award winning Drum+Bass in 2006, and Levai's Small Encyclopaedia in 2008.

As a background-designer I worked with directors Bela Ternovszky and Lajos Csakovics on 6 commercials for Danone Hungary in 2002-2004 and another commercial for the Hungarian shopping mall Mammut.

I carried out the directing and art directing of an animated music video I'm too well for Hungarian musician, Pierrot in 2004.

I was the art director on the animated feature Macskafogo 2 from 2005 to 2007. The movie was directed by Bela Ternovszky.

Till September 2008 I had worked with Greykid Pictures on Cluckie the vampire chicken.

In 2009 I made several storyboards for the movie Eagle of the ninth, and started making illustrations for the hungarian magazine Hamu es Gyemant.



I was a layout artist at Dandelion Studios Ltd in London, developing an The Amazing World of Gumball for Cartoon Network from November 2009 till June 2010.
I took a quick visit back to Hungary to work on the movie Mannerheim as storyboard artist.

From October 2010 to October 2012 I was working at Mindshapes Ltdworking on concept designs, illustrating e-books, and art directing shorts.

I've been working at Education First as Art Director for nearly two year between 2012 and 2014, creating a new, exciting product. 

From 2012 onwards I've been  doing development work for Disney Europe and Disney China in various productions. 

Lead Storyboard Artist at M2 Entertainment from August 2014 to July 2015 

Currently Lead Storyboard Artist at Axis - Flaunt Animation from July 2015
 
Awards:
Lévai Balázs: Bestseller, program ident
award: Kamera Hungária Televíziós Műsorfesztivál 2004,
Best Program Ident

Frei Tamás: 8 nap alatt a Föld körül (Eight Days Around the World), program ident
nomination: Kamera Hungária Televíziós Műsorfesztivál 2004, final

Pierrot: Túl jól vagyok (I'm too well) , music video
award: 2005, Kecskeméti Animációs Filmszemle
Commercial, signal, trailer category

Lévai Balázs: Dob+Basszus (Drum+Bass), program ident
award: Kamera Hungária Televíziós Műsorfesztivál 2006,
Best Program Ident

No comments: